Chinese reflexology is based on the principles of traditional Chinese medicine. It is a deep massage technique , which aims to restore and harmonize the flow of energy in the meridians of the body. The feet, according to reflexology, are defined as a map of the body or as reflex zones corresponding to each organ and body parts. Stimulating various reflex zones ( lymphatic , digestive, musculoskeletal, etc. ) with pressures ajusted according to the sensitivity of the person , reflexology promotes relaxation , regulates physiological systems and causes the discharge of tension and toxins.
Not to be confused with a foot massage ! Foot reflexology is a far more in-depth technical and not only aim to relax
Indications of Chinese reflexology
- Circulation disorders : heavy legs, oedema, hypo- or hypertension, hemorrhoids.
- Digestive disorders : pain , acidity, constipation.
- OPL disorders : bronchitis, colds, congestion.
- Nervous system disorders, in particular those related to the perception and the organs of the senses: sight, hearing, smell .
- Hormonal disorders : painful menstruation , menopause, hot flashes, irritability.
- Inflammation : sinusitis, cystitis , herpes, ...
- Chronic fatigue
Generally , reflexology is not indicated in the following cases : infectious diseases, high fever, inflammation of blood vessels and lymphatic system, high-risk pregnancy . If in doubt please ask your doctor
Session duration 45 min